Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Perspective... Part II

Yesterday I was jolted awake about 5:45 by my phone ringing. It was Jordan. He wasn't there when I answered, but I got a text message. "Voicemail" is all it said. I listened to my voicemail and it was difficult to hear, but I could make out what sounded like him and a woman, he was being interviewed.

Then my phone rang again. "I'm okay" is all he said when I answered. Followed by a long pause.

The short story is that he was in a head on collision with a pick-up on his way to work. It was very foggy.

He walked away.

He walked away.

He climbed out of the sun roof, because his door was blocked by the ground. Minutes after he got out it started on fire. He administered aide to the other driver. They were both taken by ambulance to the hospital. Jordan was treated and released and the other driver had surgery, but we are praying that he will make a full recovery.

When we went back later that day to see if there was anything salvageable we talked to the tow truck driver. He said that the last wreck he worked where the vehicles looked like ours did, was a double fatality.

I'm not sure of the lesson that God is teaching us right now, but we are opening our hearts to it. We are thanking Him for protecting Jordan and for getting us through yesterday.

I am counting my blessings today. I hope you all are, too.

5 comments:

Alina @ My Yellow Umbrella said...

SO THANKFUL. I can't stop thinking about you guys and how God protected. Love you girl.

Unknown said...

WOW. Ashley. I am so thankful for you and Jordan and the other driver as well. Thank God.

Desiree Macke said...

Oh my gosh! Thanking God for watching over Jordan, as well as the other driver. Give Jordan our love.
xoxo

Meg said...

I'm so glad and grateful that Jordan is okay. Hang in there friend! Love you!

Amy said...

So glad everything turned out okay. We definitely serve a great God! Hugs your way, friend.