Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Where were you on 9/11 as the towers fell and our lives changed forever? 


That's a question that's been asked so many times this week. I remember where I was, in my dorm room with my roommate. We had an 8am class and came back to our room to sleep. She woke me up and we watched in disbelief, like so many others, as the towers fell.

This week on K-Love the question was this: How have the attacks on 9/11 changed your life?

It was a question that I pondered for a little while... my life wasn't directly impacted, was it? There were obvious things that changed, my attitude towards life and death, the respect that I always had for our first responders was amplified. But, when I thought harder, I realized that nothing in my life would be as it is, if it wasn't for 9/11... Jordan and I hadn't met yet, but he joined the Army after 9/11. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan would not have happened if it wasn't for 9/11.

I'm constantly reminded that the goal of those who attacked the World Trade Center, Pentagon and Flight 93 was not accomplished. They intended to destroy our country and bring America to it's knees. They did not accomplish that goal. Instead we united. The National Anthem brings Americans (young and old) to tears. Not tears of sadness, but tears of pride. We were not broken. Maybe a crack was created, but it's been repaired and we are now stronger than ever. The attacks turned many people toward God, and strengthened their relationships with Jesus.

Today, on the 10th Anniversary, hold your families close and remember how blessed we are to live in this amazing country.

God Bless America...

No comments: