On Sunday afternoon Jordan decided to take me flying... I was privileged enough to be his first (ever!) passenger. Sunday was a beautiful day, sunshine, minimal clouds, and lots of wind. It didn't seem all that windy on the ground, but once we were in the air ~ wowsa!
We took off from KC Downtown and I thought we might have to turn right around. I was never afraid for my life, or anything like that, but my stomach had a very funny reaction. I had no idea I would react like I did... I've never been air-sick or sea-sick, before.
We flew over Pam's house (she was kind enough to keep Abigail for the afternoon), and our house. We were going to fly to Leavenworth so Jordan could show me how amazing it is from the air, but I wasn't sure my stomach could handle too much more. We scratched that part of our flight plan and headed to Lawrence.
We landed in Lawrence and were told that the wind was supposed to die down soon. We decided to take the courtesy car ad drive into town. We stopped at Rusty's, the local pizza joint, and had some pizza and iced teas. After a bite to eat I felt SO much better!
We took off from Lawrence and headed back to KC. The flight home was much better, only a couple of wind gusts, and I never once felt nauseous. As we neared KC we realized that the NASCAR race was over and heard some helicopters over the radio say they were coming in with VIP's ~ I can't help but wonder who they were :)
I have to say, and it isn't just because Jordan is my husband, but his landings were the smoothest that I've ever experienced... seriously, better than commercial planes, hands down.
2 comments:
What an awesome way to spend the weekend together!!
WOWZERS that looks like a lot of fun!!! I'm glad you got the opportunity to fly with your man!
Post a Comment