Friday, September 16, 2011

Perspective...

This has been a trying week in the Clark household...

Last week Jordan got sick, and then the transmission on the Tahoe went out. Last weekend Abigail and I's allergies really kicked into over drive, so we weren't feeling great either. We found out that the dealership we took the Tahoe to released the wrong vehicle to the transmission repair people. Jordan hit a pothole with the rental car and not only blew the tire, but bent the rim. Jordan may have broken his leg. We ran late for nearly everything we had going on this week.

Last night I was about to my breaking point.

Jordan put everything in perspective for me.

I have a beautiful little girl, who is healthy. I have an adorable puppy who, although full of energy, is a great cuddler. I married my best friend, the one man who knows me and "gets" me. My family is fantastic and are always there for us. I have amazing friends who help to ground me. I have a roof over my head and two vehicles that are reliable {99% of the time :)}. I have a church that we love. I have an amazing God who knows me, and has plans for me. Sometimes I don't understand His reasons for things, or why I have to take certain steps, but I know that He has plans for me and that if I listen for His voice, it will bring me peace.

I'm learning to not sweat the small stuff, because it isn't important. I'm learning to place value in only those things that really matter in the long run, my family and friends. One of my best friends from high school is having a baby this weekend and I am again reminded of the little blessings in our lives...

*While typing this Jordan texted me that his leg is NOT broken! Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

Ashley this post is so amazing. I love you so much and this is so so so true. You just really encouraged me in so many ways tonight. Love you bestie and I'm honestly going to be praying for you to have a better week next week!!