Right now I'm feeling a little stressed out, and I need your help...
In March Abigail and I are going to meet Jordan in Germany, and spend his R&R there, at the beautiful Edelwisse Lodge. We might travel into Italy, too, but that debate is for a whole other post : )
Right now all I can think of is the 9+ hour flight and time spent in crowded airports. Not only that, but hauling our luggage (because I have to pack for Jordan, too!) and getting to the resort. If it wasn't stressful enough to imagine doing those things alone, throw in an energetic (but beautiful) 18-month-old.
So, the question... do I put her "on a leash" or not?? I think, honestly, the answer has to be yes. I've always been very against this, but I don't see any other way. She's going to need to burn off some of her energy, so staying in a stroller isn't going to work. She's going to need to run around.
There are some really "stylish" leashes out there for kids. Here's one I really like. But, really? almost $50?! I don't plan on using the thing too much, at all really, after we get home, so I can't see spending that much money (plus, if I had the time, and a little more sewing skills, I could probably make it myself). Here's another, that seems more practical maybe? I can't tell how long the leash is, but at least it can double as a backpack.
Okay, I need your opinions. Honestly, do I put her on a leash?? and, if I do (which I kind of think I do) which one do I choose?? Have any of you seen any that you would consider putting on your children?
8 comments:
I personally don't think that it's a bad idea at all, but I don't know if I get a vote since I'm not a parent. I'd rather people ridicule me for keeping a tight eye on my kid than have my child run off when I'm not looking. I personally like the animal "leashes"--for some reason, they don't seem quite as weird, maybe because a cuddly animal is involved.
My friend had this same debate. I say you bring it just in case you need it. We have the dog one just like the monkey it was $10 at walmart. I had it for when we were flying everywhere this summer,but since Addi wasn't really walking yet (she waited until 15 months) I didn't use it. Sometimes Addi likes to wear the backpack but we haven't tried it with the leash but I think she will like the backpack better than just a leash. Anyways I am going to Cali on Sat with 2 layovers so I will let you know how it was and if I had to use the leash.
Hmmm... I do usually make fun of the people who have their children on a leash. However, this situation may constitute such things. Too bad you couldn't bedazzle it or something and call it a really big bracelet. The word leash just screams "my child is a savage beast" :).
First of all I am SOO excited for you and Abigail! That will be such a fun trip! I also think that a "leash" is totally acceptable in this situation because it's the safer option and those little backpacks are crazy cute. :)
I would say use it! I could not imagine trying to keep track of all that luggage plus keep track of Audrey. She loves to explore. I think it would also be helpful when you go sight seeing. I remember all the people when we were there.
It is so exciting that you get to go to Germany to see your hubby!
I'm going to say take a leash have it in case you want it. Don't worry what other people think. I have traveled international alot and lately been thinking how hard that would be with kids alone. Everytime I've seen this question asked it seems like people like using and don't mind seeing the one's like the monkey, animal backpack kinda ones.
Good luck. Have loads of fun
Totally bring the leash! Just ask people who have lost their children and never found them again if they would have cared about what people thought of it. I always said I'd never use one, but you're so right, it's not fair that they have to sit all the time!
wow, I also have made comments about the lease but I have now changed my opinion. Leash her up! She will like to have some freedom from the stroller and you will enjoy knowing she is safe beside you and not running off and disappearing!
Post a Comment