Sunday, October 18, 2009

Safe and Sound

I finally got to talk to Jordan yesterday and he made it to Jalalabad a couple days ago. He is currently sleeping in a hut with about 12 other guys, while they wait for the current ADT to leave (return safely to their families!) so that they can move into their barracks. He said that they haven't gone on a mission yet, but have gone into the village (or outside the "wire" as he put it).

I cannot express how great it was to hear his voice. It really brought tears to my eyes. We have been having communication issues and he had been trying to get a hold of me for days, so it had been awhile since I had talked to him, or heard from him at all. At this point I don't feel like I need to talk to him for a long time, just enough to know he is safe.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm glad that he's doing well and was able to call you!! That's awesome!!! And tell little Abby happy birthday (just a couple of days late!) :)