One week ago - Tuesday, June 26 at 3:23PM, Jameson Robert Clark entered this world and filled my heart with more love than I thought possible. He weighed 7lbs 9.6 oz (so just a little less than his sister) and was 19.5in long.
His big sister can't get enough of him ~ always wanting to give him hugs and kisses and his daddy and I already can't imagine our lives without him. He eats more than any newborn I've known, but luckily I'm keeping up, though sleep deprived. He's a great sleeper, at least during the day! Haha ~ we're getting the hang of things, but last night was a bit rough.
Yesterday we had his follow-up doctor's appointment and he is back up to (and even a little past) his birth weight. He got a great review and the doctor doesn't want to see us again until he is a month old. His cord stump fell off on Sunday, but that looks good (I was a little concerned because it seemed way too soon), and is healing normally.
I had forgotten how much I love to cuddle newborns! Or my babies, at least. There is nothing better than napping with a sweet baby on your chest!! I'm definitely soaking up this time with him and I foresee lots of afternoon naps during the next 8 1/2 weeks (is that really all that's left?!)!
I will write his "birth story" soon, but for now, I'll leave you with pictures of our adorable little guy!
 |
| First picture ~ 7lb 9.6oz |
 |
| Father and Son |
 |
| Brand NEW! |
 |
| PROUD big sister!! |
 | |
|
| Ready to go home in his scrubs | | | |
|
2 comments:
Again, CONGRATULATIONS! He is just perfect, Ash. We can't wait to meet your little man!!!
Yay! He's so precious! So excited for you guys. I wish we lived closer so that I could meet him!
Post a Comment