I truly thought (and there is still time) that this little guy would come on his own. I've definitely had more symptoms this time, and I'm already farther progressed than I was the night before I was induced (an entire week late) with Abby.
Tuesday will be his birthday if he decides not to come before then. I realize that is 4 days away, and I have big plans to walk a lot between now and then. But, I've been doing that for some time now and nothin'. Only time will tell and one thing is for sure - this little man will be welcomed into this world with so much love! His big sister is so excited to meet him - and very concerned that he doesn't have a name yet. I am so looking forward to watching her with him. She is already very protective of him and his things, and really likes looking at the baby monitor to see his (empty) crib.
![]() |
| 40 weeks ~ on my way to work I promise, my belly sticks out pretty far, it's just hard to tell in scrubs! |
How far along? 40 weeks!
Maternity Clothes? Mostly scrubs, but I love my maternity capris and am very comfortable in all comfy clothes. I have to wear Jordan's t-shirts if I'm going that route, most of mine do not cover (see above picture in scrubs!)
Stretch Marks? My belly button is ruined... there are very distinct stretch marks on the top and on the bottom of it.
Sleep? It comes and goes.
Best moments this week? Today was my last day of work!
Miss Anything? Wine...
Movement? He is still SO wiggly!! I'm actually pretty shocked he has much room to move at all. Some times I think he is going to bust out of my belly button (which is, I'm sure, why it's all stretched out).
Food Cravings? Not really
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!
Symptoms? I'm dilated to 2cm and am 70% effaced. Monday night into Tuesday morning I thought I was in labor... my contractions, though not all of them were painful, were about 10min apart consistently for awhile, but no baby!
Belly button in or out? Out
Linea Nigra? There is maybe a faint line very low...
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? I'm definitely happier than I was. I know I have my mood swings, though!
Looking forward to? Tuesday... if this little guy does not come before then, we are being induced on Tuesday. I'm honestly hoping for tomorrow ~ it's my BFF, Jenilee's birthday.
Reflecting back on this pregnancy I just can't believe how quickly it's gone by. This pregnancy has definitely been rougher than the first. Of course, I've had a 3-year-old to chase around, but I think that after having one baby, your uterus has sensitive spots or something. This guy will find places and push and it really hurts, a lot. I don't remember that with Abigail. Not to mention the fact that I was sick in the beginning and the heartburn! I'm pretty sure he is going to look like a little monkey when he is born, with dark hair all over his body. It's okay, I'll love him just the same, but I'm pretty sure that if the wives tale about heartburn is true, he's going to ~ Abby will even talk about heart burn. It's pretty funny! I haven't gained near as much weight this time, and for the most part it's all in my belly. At my appointment on Tuesday I was actually right on the upper edge of the "normal" weight gain, versus gaining way too much with Abigail! Jordan would tell you I've been extremely moody and mean. I know that to some extent I have been quicker to jump on certain things, but I'm also not as rested and I blame it on the testosterone :)
My bag is all packed and Abigail's gift is all ready to go, so little Mr. can come at any time!!

No comments:
Post a Comment