~ 10lb 7oz (75 percentile) ~ 21in (35 percentile) ~
I knew he'd gained weight, but it really seems like he's longer than the 35 percentile, but that's what they tell me, so thus far we are chunky and short :)
A few things we've learned, or I just want to remember for the future...
* Abigail adores her little brother. She would kiss and hug him 24/7 if we'd let her, I think. She loves showing him off to everyone everywhere we go.
![]() |
| My beautiful babies |
* We call Jameson either "Jay" or "Jameson", and Abigail calls him "baby brother". She also asked to be called "sissy".
* Jameson is a spitter. Abigail was not, so this is uncharted territory for me. If he doesn't burp (which is difficult) he'll spit up, and it always seems like he's spitting up everything he ate. I realize that a little liquid looks like a lot, so he truly isn't spitting everything up, but many times my shirt, the burp cloth, Jameson and whatever is around us (chair/bed/boppy) has gotten soaked.
* He is also a crier. Again, Abigail was not, or at least not as much as he is. He is not a "cry 7 hours a day" crier, but we typically have at least an hour every day where nothing soothes him.
* Gripe water is amazing. One of my friends suggested we try it for his crying and wow ~ the first night we tried it we thought we'd found a miracle drug. It is all natural and really seems to help sooth him. It definitely doesn't work 100% of the time, but if you dip his pacifier in it in the middle of the night when he won't calm down and go back to sleep, he'll suck away and next thing you know he's out.
* Jameson has a love/hate relationship with his pacifier... there are moments when it's the best thing ever, but it is often rejected!* SwaddleMe wraps and Halo SleepSack Swaddles are awesome. Jameson needs to be swaddled to sleep well and both of these really take the guess work out of the process. I love the Aiden and Anias swaddle blankets, but they require skills and in the middle of the night (in my half asleep state) it's easier to just velcro him up than to worry about wether I've pulled one side tight enough to get him wrapped well.
* Jameson can hold his head up incrediby well. He prefers that you hold him so he can look around and takes every chance he gets to hold his head up.
* Little man eats a lot. During the day he is eating about every 2.5 hours. At night he will usually go 3, with one stretch of 3.5 hours. Oh, and that's from the start of one feeding to the next. I would hate for anyone to think we are sleeping for more than 3 hours :)
* He has been sleeping (at night) in his room since he was about 2 weeks old. I was getting little-to-no sleep, so Jordan convinced me this was best (it didn't take too much convincing). He does great and our video monitor allows me to check in on him randomly.
* I absolutely love cuddling this little guy and during his first month many days were spend snuggling in the recliner together!
Tomorrow I will have pictures of him in his monthly onesie... I just didn't get the pictures taken, uploaded and edited (what little editing I do!) tonight.


No comments:
Post a Comment