I have looked forward to this post for some time and finally, I can say it! Jordan is HOME!!
We picked him up in Jefferson City on Sunday. At 1300 they had a Welcome Home ceremony and the Governor and some senators spoke. Overall it was an okay ceremony, I think everyone knew that the soldiers just wanted to get home to their families.
Abigail did great with everything. I'm not sure what I expected...
She wasn't too sure of Jordan at first. She wanted him within her line of sight, but wasn't sure about him holding her. When we arrived he was getting lined up, but we found him. There were kisses and hugs, but we quickly went to find our seats. Well, Abigail kept asking for "Abby Daddy", so we walked back to check on him twice. She would stand about a foot away from him and just look. At one point knelt down to talk to her and she copied him. It was really cute. When the ceremony started she kept wanting to go find him and would yell "Daddy" and "Abby Daddy". It was adorable and he said that he (which means probably everyone) heard, but who cares?!
We loaded all of Jordan's totes into the Tahoe and then he had to run back in and sign for the gun he bought. When he ran back inside Abigail had a little pannic attack. She was worried he wasn't coming back, I think.
Then, in the car whenever Jordan and I would touch she would say "No, Mommy! Abby Daddy!". Last night we went to dinner and she said the same thing. I'm not positive how long this is going to last, but we're trying to stress that we both love her, but we love eachother, too and she doesn't always get all of the attention, and we have to/get to spend time with eachother. I think that's goign to be our biggest trouble spot.
After the ceremony we went to Les Bourgeois vineyard outside of Columbia. It was a bit warm, but we had a good time chatting with both of our families. My parents and Allison and Tim came down as did Jordan's parents, Megan, and Renie and Kennison.
We are SO happy to have Jordan home safe and are enjoying our time together!
6 comments:
YEAH!!!! I am so excited for your girls to have him home!!!!
I was so excited to see this post.
I am so happy for you guys!
I'm sooooo glad that he's home safely and that you guys are all back together again!
I finally just read this and Ashley, I was seriously in tears. How wonderful and how touching!!!!
I am so glad that Jordan is home safe. Let us know next time you are heading to Mercer and we will try to come down if I don't have class.
YES!!! Congratulations, girl!! I am SOOOOOO excited for you! (And Abby.) :)
Post a Comment