Sunday, June 20, 2010

Julia's Wedding Weekend...

This weekend one of my very best friends got married. Let me start by saying she was such an amazingly beautiful bride!! She was also super relaxed and go with the flow! I could not have gotten through this weekend without the help of my mom!! Abigail was constantly on the go and mom chased after her and by the end of the night Friday, Abby didn't want me to hold her, she wanted "Grama".

Friday we met up for a bridesmaid's lunch and got mani/pedis afterwards. Later Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Abigail was Jul's flower girl and she did great Friday night, even though she didn't really walk down the aisle. She had a great attitude and a lot of fun at rehearsal dinner...


Saturday morning I met the girls at 10AM to get my hair done... while at the salon we heard that we were in a severe thunderstorm warning ~ storms with winds up to 80 miles/hr!! I am not lying, either. Julie stayed so calm. She just said "rain on your wedding day is good luck" and "if it does it now at least it'll all be over with before the ceremony starts at 5". What an awesome attitude, right?! Well, we went to Jimmy John's for lunch and while we were there we ended up taking refuge. I am not kidding ~ the storm was awful... high winds and buckets of rain! It started to let up so we all made a b-line for our cars, with umbrellas of course.

After we arrived to the Bridal Suite at the Marriott the rain quit and you could see the sun peaking from the clouds to the west... it was going to be an amazing day! Here are a few pictures from the day... Abigail didn't want to have her picture taken with me, but I forced her! :)


Our beautiful dresses... they're all different

Sariah, Lacey and I in the limo on our way to the ceremony/pictures!

Abigail running away from me...

Smelling my pretty flowers

Forcing her to take a picture with me!

Abigial had a wonderful performance during the ceremony!! She walked 1/2 way down the aisle, stopped to chat with some people, then continued down. Once she got to the front, she paused gave a great big smile, then turned around and ran back down! It was adorable, and really it turned out good that she went back down. She was able to eat ice (her favorite thing) and play in the shade with my mom.
Abigail, Ashley, Rachel, Julia, Sariah and Lacey
(I tried cropping this picture, but for some reason can't upload the cropped one)


The beautiful bride!!

We had an amazing time ~ Congratulations Julie and Cam!!

1 comment:

Marcus + Jenilee said...

OMG! Abby is so stinkin' cute! I love these pics! You look absolutely beautiful!! Glad you guys made it through the storm! Congrats to the bride and groom!! What a beautiful wedding!