Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter, a lot late...

I decided to take a break in the vacation posts for the moment...

We had a fantastic Easter! The weather was beautiful and Abigail had her first haircut! It was basically a bang trim, but it counts. We went to Shear Madness in Olathe, and it was so neat. First, Abigail sat in a car to get her haircut, and they had movies for the kids to watch (seriously, they had their own screens!). Abby didn't watch her movie (chipmunks) but tried to start her car, and pretended to drive it. It was really cute.

We're going to call this her "before" picture because you can see how long her bangs are.
(she was eating chocolate chips when I was making cookies)

These are the "during" and "after"
(click to enlarge)

She looks like such a big girl now, no longer a baby. I know this is the cut that every little girl gets, but I'm not going to lie, I'm not really a fan of the straight across bangs. I wish she would just let me put a clip in with them brushed to the side. But, she won't and she is still beautiful, so until she's old enough to choose her own hair style, mommy gets to pick!

On with Easter... after getting Abby's haircut we came home and my mom got right to work cooking Easter "dinner". We had decided to have dinner Saturday night with some close family friends, rather than doing a large brunch on Easter morning. After Abigail's nap we got out her four-wheeler power-wheels that Grannie and Papa gave her for Christmas. She loved it! She still doesn't quite get the concept of holding the button down to make it go, but she thinks it's pretty cool when she makes it go!

(click to enlarge)

Chatting with grandpa

Our family friends have two little girls (almost 3 and 20months) and are expecting a little boy next month. We were thrilled to have them over and I loved watching the girls interact. They sat at Abby's little table for dinner, which was adorable. I was really impressed with how well all three of them did.

Abigail and her friends at their dinner table!

The next morning the Easter Bunny had came. He brought Abigail a John Deere sleeping bag, some clothes and, of course, some candy. After hunting for eggs, and going to breakfast at Bob Evans, Abigail got to open the gigantic Kinder Eier that we brought back from Germany...


In case you've never had a Kinder Eier before, it's simply a chocolate shell (shaped like an egg ~ usually the size of a real egg) with a toy inside. The chocolate is really good ~ Abigail loved it (as you can see above) ~ and the toys are usually something small and silly. This was a really big, the size of my hand, and the toy was a little box, that locked with a lamb on top. Kind of cool, really. 

After the opening of the Kinder Eier my family headed back to Nebraska, Abigail took a nap and we went to my kickball game. We had a fantastic weekend and can't wait for next Easter, when daddy will be home!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

What a fun time!! I love the pic of Abby talking with your dad--that's pretty precious.