Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Clark's European Vacation, Part III

We pick back up on Tuesday...

Jordan and I took Abigail to the daycare on post and went skiing, or should I say attempted to ski? Neither of us had ever skied before, so we decided that lessons would be a good idea. I didn't want to commit to too much, so I voted for the two hour lesson, and won : ) It was an interesting experience to say the least. I should start by saying it snowed, a lot. It was those huge clumps of really wet snow, too, which I'm told would have made things slicker for us. I can definitely say it was not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm not sure what I thought, but by the end of the first hour I was getting very discouraged. I learned that I'm very right leg dominant (which meant that turning to the right was difficult for me) and I wasn't very good at going slow (which I'm told was because it was so slick). Our instructor was really nice and told us that we made it farther than some of the 1/2 day classes make it, so that's good, right?

Jordan was much more into it than I was. He skied down the big hill seen in the pictures, twice! I didn't attempt it once. I was afraid I might just die. That might sound a bit dramatic, but I fell so many times, and felt my knee pop at least three times, so I was afraid that at the very least, I might lose my knees.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad we went skiing and it's an experience that I'm glad I can say I've had ~ I skied in the Alps! I'm just not sure I'll be making any trips to Colorado specifically to ski in the near future, that's all!

Our skiing adventure!
(click on the picture to enlarge)

That night, during Abigail's bath, she got a Mohawk ~ mainly to show dada how long her hair is getting...

(again, click to enlarge)

That's it for tonight ~ the next three days were spent in Salzburg, Austria, and I think that part of the trip deserves it's own post!!


No comments: