Monday, March 15, 2010

QUICK update!

I don't know where I left off...

Jordan is here, he got here about 6PM on Thursday. Abigail and I had kind of given up and were getting out of the shower when the phone rang and he was here! It was such an amazing reunion! We're sooo happy to be together again. It's been emotional, but great.

We have decided not to go to Rome ~ the first night, Thursday, Abby slept great (probably b/c she was so tired from the trip in) but the second night, Friday, we were up till 2AM, which is her normal 7PM bedtime back home. We were terrified that this was going to continue. Saturday we went to Neuschwanstein Castle and besides being tired, from getting such little sleep, we were worried about keeping her quiet ~ she did great, and was by far the best babe in the group ~ and didn't catch too much of the history of the castle. We decided that since Rome was a city full of history and there was so much that we wanted to take in that we would skip it for now, and hopefully come back in a few years. It didn't help that our train tickets have yet to get here.

We've swam and visited the base a few times, and Jordan and I are going to Ski tomorrow while Abigail goes to the daycare. It's funny b/c both Jordan and I didn't want to have to send her, but every little girl or boy she's seen she's tried to play with, so we think she needs the interaction with other kiddos.

Quick story ~ yesterday afternoon we ventured into the city of Garmish. We wandered around downtown, visited some shops, and had dinner downtown. We took the train back to Edelweiss and there were two other babies, probably about 2 years old. It was so funny b/c Abigail started a baby conversation with them, and they were all squeaking and talking on the bus! It was adorable!!

Hope to post more later.

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

I'm so glad to hear Jordan got there safely! It sounds like you guys are having a great time...and abby too lol. LOVE the story of her chatting wither her 'friends'. Miss you!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you've made it over there and all of your are together. I'm sure "emotional" is an under statement for that reunion. I'm so happy for you. Please tell Jordan I said hello. Can't wait to hear all your stories when you get home. Enjoy your time together!!