Lately I've been thinking a lot about Jordan being gone (couldn't have anything to do with our upcoming trip, I'm sure!) and I've been trying to see the upside to the whole situation, and I think I found it. He has been gone technically since early August. In late August I talked to him about getting a sewing machine, and in early September he was home for a few days, so I did it. I went and bought a sewing machine. I have since spent a lot of time ~ okay, as much time as I can spare ~ making Abigial clothes. Dresses mainly, and appliqued onesies (I actually made her and some of her friends matching onesies ~ I'll have to do a post about those later).
A week ago I was at WalMart and they had the cutest "candy" shirts on sale, super cheap ($3!!). Double Bubble, Twizzlers, Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and Hershey Kisses...
My friend Stacy's daughter Reagan loves Hershey Kisses, so I couldn't resist making her a dress out of the Kisses shirt. I seriously think it's my favorite so far. This dress is another entry of the Lil Blue Boo and Dharma Trading Design Challenge (it ends Monday, so there's still time to enter). I again, used the Tie-Back/Halter pattern, which I think is quickly becoming my favorite. It's really easy to follow, and Ashley gives you very detailed directions.
I cut the little hearts out of the rest of the t-shirt and appliqued them onto the dress. It was a miracle that I had just ordered the cream fabric with brown polka-dots the week before ~ it matched perfectly. I really like the look of the ruffle at the bottom and I loved how the fabric curled up, so there was no need to finish the hem.
Wednesday I dropped the dress off for Rea and she was so excited! It made me really happy to see her so excited about it. I was a little disappointed because it was too big for her, but she loved it anyway, and now it'll just fit her longer, right?! I already told Stacy that when she outgrows it I might have to steal it back for Abigail (is that bad of me??) ~ I just really love this dress.
Reagan in her dress
Such cute pig tails, too!
Up close of the heart on the ruffle
Love it!
Every Candy Should Have A Silver Lining!




2 comments:
Ashley you're honestly amazing. Who knew you would be such an amazing clothing designer!?! My gosh...that dress is awesome. Jordan is so lucky to have such a supportive and talented wife!!!
love it!!!
Post a Comment