Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Refashioned onesie

Jordan rarely buys clothes. Like, he only buys Army gear for himself without someone there to help him pick things out. So, when he came home with this onesie for Abigail, it was a big deal. And, he did good.



I really liked it! It wasn't something I ever thought he would buy (he doesn't like pink camo). The only problem was that it was the smallest 12-18 month onesie I had ever seen. Seriously, he bought it at the beginning of October and I think it fit her for a month or so. I tried putting it on her a couple weeks ago and it was way to short.

So, I decided I was going to "refashion" it (a word I've seen used on lots of blogs by super-crafty people!) into a shirt for her. That way, it'll fit her a lot longer. It was really easy. Saturday I bought a rotary cutter and cutting mat at JoAnn's ~ they must have been having a super-sale, because I got both of them very cheap. I have to say ~ a rotary cutter is the way to go. Coupled with my ruler-thingy, I was able to cut both the onesie, and the pink shirt (that I used for the bottom) quickly and straight!

Here's the end product:

 
Not wanting to look at Mama


The back


I love it!!

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

Cute! You are turning into quite the crafty lady.

Meg said...

Amazing... I need some sewing lessons from you.