Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I have the best friends ever... seriously.

Last Friday one of my oldest friends, Jenilee, came to Kansas City with her boyfriend, Marc. Jenilee is not only a great friend, but her mom and my dad are cousins, so that makes us... third cousins? Something like that. Anyways, we go way back and there are lots of pictures of us in the bath tub together floating around somewhere. Okay, back on track - they came to town, and we went out to dinner. It was Marc's birthday and he got to choose where we went. We went to a Japanese Steak House ~ you know, one of those places where they cook in front of you, and the food is amazing? The food was, of course, amazing.

At this point you may be asking yourself, where was Abigail during this dinner? Well let me answer that question. My friend, Amber, who recently had beautiful baby Clara, graciously offered her mom's babysitting skills for the evening. This was, possibly, Abigail and Clara's first play date. Of course, Abby was in bed before Clara and Amber's mom even arrived, and Clara slept through most of the evening, but, that's okay!


The girls
~ Ashley ~ Jenilee ~ Amber ~ Sara ~

Saturday morning I recieved a text message saying that Jenilee and Marc got engaged Friday night after dinner! I couldn't be happier for Jenilee, she is the most amazing friend and person. She has been through so much, but her amazing personality and quirkie-ness (is that a word?) have gotten her through and Marc is a perfect match for her. Congratulations, guys!



The newly engaged couple
(and Jenilee's rock!)

Saturday afternoon was the big Nebraska-Kansas game. Sara was having people over to watch and hang out (and eat!) and Abigail and I headed over after her nap. We had a great time and Abby charmed everyone, especially Marc, as you'll see!


Marc and Abby

I always love getting together with my friends from high school. My friends are what is getting me through Jordan's deployment (and my family!) and I will never, ever, forget the way they have all been through this time.

No comments: