Monday, August 17, 2009

Recent happenings...

So Abby and I have been truckin' on and are doing quite well, if I do say so myself! Last Friday Aunt Renie babysat Abigail because Miss Pam had the day off to get her kids ready for back-to-school. I think they both had a great time! Early in the day Renie texted me to tell me Abby fell and had a bruise. I texted back saying it wasn't the first, nor would it be the last. I think Renie felt worse about it than Abby did, but it is a pretty good one.


Saturday my parents came down and brought a friend of the family. Before Jordan left he worked hard to get the gate side of our fence fixed, but didn't quite get it finished, so my dad and Josh finished it up with a little help from Wayne. Allison and Tim spent the morning and early afternoon at Schlitterbahn and then came over to help and visit. About 2 Jordan called and said he'd have the night off, starting at 5, if I wanted to come down. I jumped in the car, after packing a small bag and lots of encouraging words from my parents, and went to visit him. We went to dinner and had a couple drinks with the guys he's going to spend the next year with and really had a great evening.

Sunday morning bright and early (yes, 7am is bright and early on a Sunday!) I hopped in the car and drove back. Everyone went out for breakfast when I got home and the boys finished up their second project - fixing my stair rail and putting in a "pretty" post.

All in all it was a great weekend! Here are some pictures:

Abigail using Renie's Tiffany's bracelet as a teether (expensive taste already)

Abigail and Rhiannon

Such a smiley girl!

After some cookie


The fence in progress...

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

Ohhhh Ashley...I think Abby has the cutest baby smile I've ever seen...It's just precious!!