Thursday night Jordan came home and got to stay for a whole three nights!! He actually just left to return to Camp Clark (in Nevada) and oh boy am I in trouble. We learned a lot this weekend...
* Abigail has a sweet tooth, like her mama. She had some cheesecake (Jello no-bake kind) and loved it! Her normal "new food face" is kinda scrunched up, but not this time! Oh no! It was a big smile with cherries on her lips.
* Abigail loves her dada. Yes, we all knew this before, and what kid doesn't love their daddy, right? But, oh wow! Dada has a majic touch in so many areas and this afternoon as Jordan was getting ready to leave, she knew it and the grouch came out. Which leads me to...
* Abigail throws tantrums!! Already. This is not good, but completely hilarious. She will be crawling, or cruising (see below) or playing and something makes her mad and watch out!! She throws herself on the floor and puts her head on her little arm and cries. About two seconds later she'll peak to see if you're paying attention to her and either stop, or carry on a couple more seconds. I'm going to try to get a video next time. Fortunately for me (unfortunately for you) these tantrums only last a few seconds.
* Cruising and pulling up. These are her favorite things at the moment.
* Falling. Due to the above... she still doesn't have great ballance, and we have hard wood floors. This equals a disaster, but at least she's tough!
* Every time Jordan leaves it's a little bit harder... one would think it would get easier, or at least since I know I'll see him again I wouldn't cry. But, I do. I'm a girl. A girl who is completely in love with her boy and can't see spending a whole year without him. Once we get our routine down it gets a bit easier, or at least doesn't hurt so much, but every time we see him again it tears open the wound and makes it hard all over again.
* Here are some pictures from our weekend...
* Abigail has a sweet tooth, like her mama. She had some cheesecake (Jello no-bake kind) and loved it! Her normal "new food face" is kinda scrunched up, but not this time! Oh no! It was a big smile with cherries on her lips.
* Abigail loves her dada. Yes, we all knew this before, and what kid doesn't love their daddy, right? But, oh wow! Dada has a majic touch in so many areas and this afternoon as Jordan was getting ready to leave, she knew it and the grouch came out. Which leads me to...
* Abigail throws tantrums!! Already. This is not good, but completely hilarious. She will be crawling, or cruising (see below) or playing and something makes her mad and watch out!! She throws herself on the floor and puts her head on her little arm and cries. About two seconds later she'll peak to see if you're paying attention to her and either stop, or carry on a couple more seconds. I'm going to try to get a video next time. Fortunately for me (unfortunately for you) these tantrums only last a few seconds.
* Cruising and pulling up. These are her favorite things at the moment.
* Falling. Due to the above... she still doesn't have great ballance, and we have hard wood floors. This equals a disaster, but at least she's tough!
* Every time Jordan leaves it's a little bit harder... one would think it would get easier, or at least since I know I'll see him again I wouldn't cry. But, I do. I'm a girl. A girl who is completely in love with her boy and can't see spending a whole year without him. Once we get our routine down it gets a bit easier, or at least doesn't hurt so much, but every time we see him again it tears open the wound and makes it hard all over again.
* Here are some pictures from our weekend...
Walking across the really cool stepping stones (Antioch Park rocks!)


2 comments:
I know you do not want to hear this but it never got any easier for me. I cried everytime he had to leave, sometimes even in the middle of an airport with everyone staring at me. I did not care though. Keep yourself busy and it will go by quicker than you think! I even joined a scrapbooking group! On the flip side when he comes home, it is like a second honeymoon! You get those butterflies in your tummy and you will really feel like a little school girl again!
I think Abby has grown a lot since I last seen her in July! In the picture of Jordan holding her, she looks so long! She is getting so big! The girls should have a play date soon!
Abby is getting so big she looks so tall in those pictures. I would totally cry if my husband was leaving. When we were dating I cried when he moved 6 hours away for the summer and I was only going to see him once a month so I am pretty sure I would cry for days if my husband was leaving for a year especially since you have Abby. I don't what you are going through but you can call me if you want to talk.
Post a Comment