Friday, February 3, 2012

Half way there!

I'm sitting in the car, blogging on my phone (isn't technology amazing?!), at Whiteman AFB, reflecting back on the last 20 weeks of this pregnancy and wondering where the time has gone.

This pregnancy has been very different than my pregnancy with Abigail. When I was pregnant with her I was the annoying pregnant chick saying, "I love being pregnant!" and not understanding why some women wanted to kill me for it :) This time, I get it. I still don't mind being pregnant, and I treasure this little man growing inside my ever-growing belly, but it hasn't been all roses and ponies this time (that's an expression, right?).

I plan to get out our external hard drive when I get home to compare photos of "20-week pregnant me". I'm still wearing, AND buttoning my pre-pregnancy jeans this time around. Somehow I doubt I could say that last time. So, I might be smaller, thus far, this time around, but I'm definitely feeling this pregnancy more.

Let me explain (hopefully this doesn't sound like complaining or whining!!)... The first trimester I had morning sickness. And, though it was bad at moments I know some women have it a lot worse and I lived through. Right now, if I eat too much (which equates to a pre-pregnancy "normal" portion for me) at night, I end up sick... Heart burn, indigestion, and just feeling icky.

The worst thing, though has been not picking up and carrying Abigail. No, she doesn't need carried, she is 3 years old. But, I love carrying her in the rain (and it's pouring here right now!). She'll snuggle her hood-covered head into my neck and she wraps her little arms tightly around my neck and I'm in heaven! Sometimes I pick her up without thinking about it and Jordan gives me a hard time. I know I probably shouldn't. My back doesn't feel the greatest and toting around a 35+ pound toddler doesn't help that, but I'm having a hard time giving it up!

Ok, enough complaining! I'm truly blessed and so thankful for Abigail, Jordan and this pregnancy. Hopefully tonight, or this weekend I'll post a couple belly pictures, and pictures from our last ultrasound. Till then, here is one from New Years Eve... 15 weeks!

2 comments:

Desiree Macke said...

Your second pregnancy sounds identical to my first :) And, yay for half way there!!!

Amber Dawn said...

You are just the most beatuiful prego mommy every ashley and I am sending you a hug because I remember so much how hard that is. Just think though...half way there!!!:)