So many of you have heard me talk about, or have seen my blog posts about, Ashley and Lil Blue Boo. She is an amazing and creative mother, sister, wife and daughter. She is the "author" of nearly every clothing pattern I have used and has designed a lot of Abigail's wardrobe.
And, she is currently battling cancer. A very rare form of cancer, and hers just happens to be resistant to the chemo that her doctors have been using to treat her. Through it all she has maintained the most amazing positive attitude of anyone that I have ever encountered. CHOOSE JOY is her motto and she truly lives it. Her upbeat attitude constantly amazes me and her Rite Of Passage video brought me to tears (Jordan may have gotten a little misty eyed, too).
Does Ashley actually know me? Have I ever met her? No. But, I (like so many others) have been inspired by her, and I want to do something to help. A group of incredible ladies have formed Team Ashley and they are putting together an auction to benefit her. As you can imagine her medical bills are piling up, and though she would never talk about it, that has to be something that makes life stressful.
Team Ashley, a group of Ashley's friends (many of whom have amazing businesses of their own!), have decided to help Ashley with her medical bills. They are putting together a silent auction to benefit her and all of the proceeds are going to her, every last dime! More information on the silent auction can be found here: at Evy's Tree. There is another post on her site that kind of explains, in a nut shell, about Ashley and her situation.
So, if you can, please include Ashley, and her family, in your prayers. Her sweet daughter, Boo, has been her main concern through all of this and, as a mom, it breaks my heart to think of going through something like this...
1 comment:
I read her journey awhile back but haven't stayed updated. I was in tears tonight watching her shave her head and seeing the sacrifice her mom made to shave her head first. I can't imagine what this woman is going through!
Post a Comment