Sunday, May 16, 2010

OpLove

Last month Abigail and I were able to take advantage of one perk of Jordan being deployed - Operation Love ReUnited. I won't go into details about what it is, or entails, but basically photographers provide a free photo session to military families with a deployed spouse. You can do the photo shoot prior to the soldier leaving, or while they are gone. Because we didn't know about OpLove until after Jordan was deployed we took advantage of the "while the soldier is gone" photo shoot. The photographer that you choose not only takes the photographs and sends an album to the soldier, but they do it all absolutely free!! Amazing, right?


So anyways, we chose Kristen Murphy Photography out of Tonanoxie, KS. A blog post, by Kristen, about our photo shoot can be found here. We met Kristen at Shawnee Mission Park and had an amazing time working with her. Abigail did a great job until it was time for pictures with Mama, and Mama's pictures ~ I guess it was a day all about Abby! I have to admit, I had a couple of flash-backs to the summer before my senior year of HS :)

Jordan received his album just a week after Kristen mailed it, and probably 2 1/2 - 3 weeks (tops!) after our shoot. He was so surprised (I kept it all a secret!) and loved the pictures ~ she did a fantastic job!!

I had asked Kristen to take Abigail's 18-month pictures while we were at it (so I didn't have to put her through pictures twice). Not only is this woman an amazing photographer, but her prices are extremely reasonable.  A couple of Abby's 18-month pictures make me think she should explore a career as a baby model, hm...

Here are a few of my favorites from both shoots: ~ Warning ~ There's a lot of pictures!!

The pictures of Mama and Abigail

LOTS of ornery smiles!!

Me in Jordan's BDU top...
I tried to think of excuses to ask Jordan where some of his patches were, but I couldn't come up with any that wouldn't make him wonder, so it's kind of bare

Sr. Pictures, anyone?

Now for Abigail's 18-Month photo shoot...

Wearing the dress I made her...




In the shirt we bought in Salzburg w/her sunglasses...

Color? or Black & White??

Her pouty lip...


That's it for tonight! I had a great Mother's Day (a week ago!) and we had a great weekend. I promise to post about all of that sometime soon!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Those are great pics!! I'm sure that Jordan loved them... I personally like the pic of Abby in color rather than B&W, probably because her sunglasses match her shirt so well.

Amber Dawn said...

I love them ALL!Black & White, Color...I don't think I could choose.They all turned out great Ashley!!:)I laughed at your senior picture comment...I bet that did bring up flashbacks. lol!