Abigail's 6month appointment was on Monday (I know, I know, we've been busy!) and her doctor gave the go ahead to start eating meats (2nd foods) and said that she can have saltine and grahm crackers, as well as... puffs!
I don't know about any of you, but have you seen/smelled baby food meats?! They're disgusting! She tried "turkey in turkey gravy"... it is a pasty cream color and smells very much like caned cat food. Yuck! Pam, Abigail's babysitter, suggested mixing the meats with applesauce or some other fruit, so we tried that. I let Abby try the meat by itself and she made a really funny face (unfortunately Jordan wasn't home to take a picture). I mixed it with blueberry applesauce (really tasty) and she downed at least 1/3 of the jar (of the turkey!).
Here is a video of Abby eating a sweet potato puff. It's really cute b/c she kinda chases them around the tray (her hand-eye-coordination is still developing) but does great once she catches them.
No comments:
Post a Comment