Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One year ago today...

Our lives changed forever...

I was at a crime scene all day and didn't get home until 2030. Jordan and Wayne were playing videogames (probably Guitar Hero) and I went upstairs to take a shower. I decided to take a pregnancy test, "just in case". It turned positive!! I called for Jordan, and after waiting 5 minutes gave up and got in the shower.

Meanwhile Jordan is telling Wayne "you have to learn, there are times when women call and it's important that you go, and times when you just have to ignore them because they don't really need anything."

Jordan finally comes upstairs while I'm in the shower (freaking out) and I tell him to "look at the counter" (where I had the test laying). He says "I've never seen one of these before", to which I say "me neither" (duh!). We laughed and cried and freaked out together and now have the most beautiful little girl in the world!

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

yeah for pregnancy tests. Who knew little pink lines could change your life so much. I took mine in a walmart bathroom on vacation.

Renae said...

You need to put this in her baby book if you haven't already. We are all so blessed!