Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Come... and gone...

So my due date has officially come and gone now and still no baby. Yesterday I was having "contractions" (I put that in quotes b/c I don't know that they're actually real ~ they aren't painful) about every 45min to an hour. I woke up about 4:45 this morning to "contractions" that were about 6 minutes apart. I watched the clock till 6ish and they were coming every 3-15 minutes. Again, still not painful, but coming more regularly. I'm supposed to have a Doctor's appointment at 1630, but I called this morning and moved my appointment to 1300. I have a feeling my Doctor is going to say, you're still not dilated, and that everything has just been Braxton Hicks. I know, very pesimistic, right? I'm just trying not to get my hopes up!

Update ~ I just got back from the Doctor's Office (about an hour ago) and no changes! Everything still looks good, as far as my blood pressure, baby's heart rate, etc. I'm just not dilated. She did say that just because I'm not dilated (I think her exact words were that I'm "sealed shut"), doesn't mean that I'm not having real contractions and doesn't mean that we'll end up having to induce Monday. Things can change quickly...

1 comment:

Jessica Sorensen said...

my contractions did not hurt until my water broke and 2 hours after that happened Addi was on her way out so just because the "contractions" do not hurt does not mean they aren't real. And things can change quickly you could be dilated when you wake up and not even notice