We just got home from Abby's first doctor's appointment and she is doing fantastic! The doctor was very happy with her weight gain/loss and how well she is doing overall.
Back to Monday (we'll make the labor story short and sweet)... basically they started me on pitocin at 0800 and they broke my water about 1115. I was only dilated to 1.5 or 2 (I don't remember) when they did this, but it helped move things along. After breaking my water I lasted about an hour and a half before I couldn't take the pain of the contractions any longer and needed an epidural (they were coming about every 1 1/2 - 2 minutes). We started pushing just before 1800 and Abigail was born at 1820! I didn't push long, but her heart rate was dropping, so things had to move quickly or we were going to end up with a c-section. They had to use the vacuum to help her out, but overall she did great! I definitely couldn't have made it through without Jordan's help ~ he was a great coach and really helped keep me going!
1 comment:
Glad you didn't have to push too long and that you didn't have to get a c-section. You look way better than I did right after the baby was born.
Post a Comment