99.9% of the time. There are moments (when I'm trying to use the bathroom, for example) when I wish he'd say "dada!".
| My handsome little man |
Does that make me a bad mama? I don't think so... I think we all experience mommy guilt from time to time, and I can't help but wonder why.
Why is it that we feel the need to compare ourselves to all of the other mommys in the world? We are all trying so hard to do the best for our children, yet there are moments when we seem to forget that and we judge other moms.
Let's be honest, social media doesn't help things... facebook is really just a hi-light reel for most people, and pinterest gives us the impression that moms everywhere are crafting, cooking and teaching their kiddos with time to spare to workout every day. I truly love both of those social media sites and frequent them, but I think it's important to remember that they have they aren't reality.
In the last year I have realized that happiness can only be found within and through God. These last few months I have been living life with my beautiful children and this blog has taken a back seat. I have been struggling at balancing my family time and my "me time".
Since I last blogged Jameson turned 1 and we celebrated with close friends and family. He is now 15 months and no, he isn't walking, but he's getting close. He jabbers like crazy and gives the best hugs! He has four teeth on top and two on the bottom and loves to eat (anything, and nearly everything).
We celebrated Abigail's 5th birthday this last weekend, even though she won't officially turn 5 until next weekend. She is becoming an amazing little girl with a beautiful heart. She can do basic addition and can play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on the piano.
Our little family is blossoming and I am enjoying every second of the time we've been spending together. Between soccer games, dance classes, little day trips and snuggling I have been loving the life we are building.
Until next time... hopefully not another 7 months... get out and live life!
Why is it that we feel the need to compare ourselves to all of the other mommys in the world? We are all trying so hard to do the best for our children, yet there are moments when we seem to forget that and we judge other moms.
Let's be honest, social media doesn't help things... facebook is really just a hi-light reel for most people, and pinterest gives us the impression that moms everywhere are crafting, cooking and teaching their kiddos with time to spare to workout every day. I truly love both of those social media sites and frequent them, but I think it's important to remember that they have they aren't reality.
In the last year I have realized that happiness can only be found within and through God. These last few months I have been living life with my beautiful children and this blog has taken a back seat. I have been struggling at balancing my family time and my "me time".
| Such a beautiful girl |
We celebrated Abigail's 5th birthday this last weekend, even though she won't officially turn 5 until next weekend. She is becoming an amazing little girl with a beautiful heart. She can do basic addition and can play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on the piano.
Our little family is blossoming and I am enjoying every second of the time we've been spending together. Between soccer games, dance classes, little day trips and snuggling I have been loving the life we are building.
Until next time... hopefully not another 7 months... get out and live life!
1 comment:
I love you.
I miss your posts, but totally understand. :)
Your family is beyond gorgeous, and I cannot wait for the day when we are closer to each other.
Happy (early) Birthday to Miss Abby!
MUAH!
xoxo
Post a Comment