Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Where does time go?

Last week Jameson had his three-month birthday. I took these pictures on the actual date (with my phone, so forgive the quality, I couldn't find our camera), but didn't get them posted because my grandfather passed away.
He was truly an amazing man who I am so honored to have known. About 10 days before he passed away Jordan and I took the kids to Nebraska to see him (Jameson had met him once), and I will forever be grateful for that trip. Grandpa was having a good day and got to hold Jameson and was teasing Abigail, so that was a huge blessing. It's hard, though. And, I know it is going to continue to be hard. It's comforting to know that he is Home. He is in Heaven with Jesus and his father and as Abigail said "even though he isn't here anymore he will be your grandpa forever, mommy". She has had a lot of questions and we have done our best to answer them as truthfully as we can. I will do another post on my grandfather later, as there is so much that I have to say...

Grandpa Joe, Jameson, Ashley

So, month three has brought...


*More sleep ~ his normal bed time is 6-6:30PM and he's been waking, on most days, only once a night, and the night of the 24-25 he slept all night! From 9PM till 5:45AM. {This statement about sleep however, was true up until the night after he turned 3 months, maybe it's a growth spurt? But, he's been up every three hours almost every night since ~ HELP!! Honestly, any advice is welcome here1!}

*I am still swaddling him at night, and he is no longer fighting me at night when I go to wrap him up.

*Lots of babbling ~ he not only smiles and "flirts" but he babbles a lot. It's so fun to hear his little "voice"


My happy guy
*Holding his head up like a champ! I think he was born with really good neck strength, but he has it mastered now and tummy time is welcomed on most days.

*Standing up. This guy does not like to sit to talk. Nope! He will push up every time and gets pretty mad if you don't let him stand.

*A happy guy, most of the day. He has about one really fussy time a day {or at home at least}. Normally right about 5:45, when we're getting ready to take a bath, or getting ready for bed. He likes to be held, and I probably have him spoiled, but he is typically pretty happy most of the day, unless he is tired.

 
 
*Lots of love from big sister.
Right ~ On Abby's first day of school; Left ~ wispering "I love you"
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is John and I have a quick question about your blog! Could you please email me?

Thank you,

John