Thursday, September 17, 2009

My crafty side...

So for a long time I've been wanting to be able to make things. You know, like appliqued onesies and pretty blankets. Well a few weeks ago I bought a sewing machine. It was a big step, but I'm so glad I did it (all about that another time)!

So far the list of things I've made is fairly short... ribbon burp clothes for a friend (pictures to come - her shower is this weekend), a Husker tutu for Abigail and tonight, the most difficult of all: an appliqued onside! I did it!! I'm seriously excited and proud of myself. Don't look too closely, or you'll see the flaws, but all-in-all I think it turned out pretty cute!

Here are pictures of the tutu and onesie:


GO BIG RED!


4 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

It is super cute Ashley I love it! I wish we lived by each other we could get together have the girls play and make all kinds of nifty stuff.

Ashley said...

Me too, Jess!! That would be so great! Maybe someday, right? :)

Amber Dawn said...

ohhhh I love it Ashley!! You'll have to make sure to post pictures of Abby wearing it! :)

Meg said...

Nice job girl