Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Another Dr. Appt
Yesterday I had another Doctor's appointment and... I'm dilated to nothing (go figure) but 50% effaced. That's something, I suppose, but not much. Neither Jordan, nor I figured I would be dilated at all. My Dr. said that this is not going to be a September baby (dang! I wanted the "good" birthstone!). We discussed inductions, because I'm afraid of the baby getting too big and me having to have a c-section (that's what happened to my mom with me ~ I was 9lbs 11oz). She said that right now she would guestimate the baby to be high 6 pounds and that if I go into labor around my due date he or she will probably be 8 pounds something (I think that's what they told my mom, too...). Anyways, she said that she won't induce before 39 weeks, unless medically necessary, and that she won't let me go longer than two weeks after my due date. Basically, when I am dilated to 3cm she will induce if we want to (as long as the date is in that range). I think Jordan and I both decided we're going to give the baby about a week after my due date before we seek intervention, so long as I'm still feeling good! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
at least you are 50%effaced. that means something is going on. I wasn't dialated or effaced at all one day and the next I was a 3
Post a Comment