Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Changes... week 23

Jordan got home on Sunday from annual training (just over two weeks of being gone) and he couldn't believe how much I'd changed in that "short" period of time. It's crazy to me, too! We can now feel Peanut's movements on the outside.

I had another Doctor's appointment yesterday and - brace yourselves - I had gained nine pounds!! My Doctor said that the baby hit a growth spurt and because I lost a 1/2 pound last time she was actually kinda glad I gained a lot this time. Scared me, though! She said I can double what I've gained so far and be more than fine in the end, so that makes me feel good. Peanut's heartrate was in the high 140's and I measured at 22cm and I'm at 23 weeks, so she said that was great too (they like to see you measure + or - 2cm from the week you're at, I guess).

We are going crib shopping this week/weekend and I'm so excited!! I really can't wait to get the crib home and set up with the bedding and everything! It's getting more and more real every day... the crazy thing is that the scaryness is getting less and less...

1 comment:

Jessica Sorensen said...

You will be fine with the weight gain. I gained 35 lbs and lost it all by the time Addi was a month old. I lost 20 lbs by the time I got home from the hospital.
You should post a belly picture so we can see.